In case you are a course or event convener/organiser and want your event published in the EuPN Event Calendar find the howto and tips / rules here:
How to list your event(s)
- Go to https://ical.marudot.com an create an iCal file for your event(s).
- Send the created iCal file to comms [at] permacultre-network [dot] eu.
- Attache at least one image to that e-mail – please don’t paste images into the mail -> you have to attach them. The images must be at least 1600 pixel wide.
It takes two to four weeks to list an event. We are a very small group of very busy volunteers behind the scenes of your EuPN web site. Please give us at least two to four weeks to process your announcement materials. Text and images may need editing. We may have questions or suggestions to make your announcement as clear and effective as possible. This takes quality time.
Send in your announcement as early as possible.
- An event announcement should not be shorter then 150 words.
- Open your announcement with a brief description of the benefits to participants. What will they take home from your event?
- Use descriptive subheadings. Group your content in paragraphs.
- Please NO ALL CAPS HEADINGS.
- Limit sentences to 20 words and try to avoid long words and jargon.
We encourage you to submit announcements in your own language, often the language of your target audience. If that is not English (most of you), please also provide a brief summary in English, if only to inform everybody in the EuPN about what great events you organise.
Please don’t use phrases like “click here”. The URL will be lost. Use instead the full URL – like https://mygreatevent.eu/
In case of email addresses, please provide them in full.
To limit the tracking by privacy abusers like Facebook and Google, we choose not to publish any URL’s in the domains of “social media”. The interest of “social media” companies and permaculture ethics are in fundamental conflict with each other. We’re sure you appreciate that.
Given that “social media” agencies employ visual recognition techniques, you may want to consider that photographs of people (and places) can be used to track individuals to build detailed network maps and infer personal profiles for commercial and political purposes.
We’d love to hear from you what the effect of announcing your event on our EuPN calendar is. It may help in improving the reach of (y)our activities to build a better world. Please send us an email at comms [at] permaculture-network [dot] eu.